[Ansteorra] Question 11/18

Simone Ui'Dunlaingh simonemu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 10:20:42 PST 2005

I live in a small group

When I  first moved here from a larger very active group. i came in
supporting kingdom with the same furver that normaly did without
getting to know the tone or make up of the group down here. the
results were icky!!!  I was the bull in the perverbial china shop. The
aftermath of which was emotionaly painful, things are better now, and
our little group is more aware of things on a kingdome level.  I
learned a few valueable lessons.

1) sit down and listen. (see where the group is and where they want to go.
2) Let folks know where you are going. politely ask them if they want to go.
3) don't tell them you think they are (whatever you think they
are..you can think it just don't say it)
4) have a member of the group (if you are new to the area) that has
been there longer than you suggest doing a kingdom level event (that
way they do not feel your trying to take over)
5) work with newcomers without spreading any negitve feelings you have
about others.
6) let others see the benifits of traveling to other events. and hear
about them form  those who go with you.

In some instances it takes time to shift a groups eyes from themselves
to kingdom. it can be done gradually  with the efforts of like minded
people. it can not however be forced without bringing about
resentment. this I learned from experiance. though my intentions were
good the way I went about it was disasterous.

Our small group is involved with kingdom today.; and today when i have
a bright Idea for my group I Stop, Look, Listen and talk with a few
who have been here longer than I. if they agree one of them take it
forward. I do not get alot of word fame for it. but that's not what
matters. that group keeps growing and stays united  is what matters.
I can get word fame from other things I do across kingdom without
haveing to disrupt my local group.

for me it is a lesson I learned the hard way, and one I am greatful
for having learned.

Simone

Simone Ui'Dunlaingh
http://kyiare.bebo.com