[Ansteorra] Psychos and other Ogres

niklas at pbgilbert.net niklas at pbgilbert.net
Tue Nov 22 21:26:34 PST 2005

VERY LOUD CLAPPING!!!!!!

You hit it on the head ....again!!!

Right to the "T"!

These kind of people have already killed one group in our own kingdom
and are dragging down several others.

Society wide there is becoming an issue about this subject. Hopefully, a
resolution will come from it.

Niklas

Jan Van Zandt wrote:

>   ***
>   That's an excellent question.  Thank goodness there is but a small
>   handful of these 'psychos' out there in our Kingdom.
>
>   They can be identified by the years and years worth of problems they
>   have created for their local group.  I'm not talking about spats or
>   minor personality conflicts that can be resolved.  These are the
>   individuals who continually antagonize, gossip, manipulate others and
>   want to have everything their way - their actions can disrupt the
>   private and SCA lives of the people in the group. They make unfounded
>   complaints to the BoD if they can't get what they want from the
>   officers or Crown.  When these people are,over the years, continually
>   the source of problems and gossip and they are the ones who harrass
>   others through email, call names, make accusations and keep trying to
>   encourage others in the group to go against the local, regional and
>   kingdom officers you can pretty much tag them as troublemakers.
>
>   I will step down as Southern Regional Seneschal in a few months when
>   my warrant expires.  I have information from prior Regional Seneschals
>   as well as my detailed records and these records/letters,etc. will be
>   passed on to my successor so he or she will be aware of the depth of
>   the problems with these specific troublemakers.  One of the situations
>   in our Society and one that these kinds of people take advantage of is
>   that the offices are changed on a fairly regular basis on all levels
>   as the warrants expire.  This is the way things should be, but unless
>   the officers on all levels pass down all information, then there is a
>   good chance the next person who fills the office can be blind-sided
>   by the troublemakers.  The troublemakers are always eternally innocent
>   and quite adept at convincing new ears that they are misunderstood and
>   mistreated.  Then the problems will start up again or just continue on
>   and Populace of the local group will continue to suffer.
>
>   Yes, we need a way to deal with this small element in our Society and
>   hopefully by discussing it we can find a resolution.  Considering that
>   over the years the troublemakers have not changed their ways, how many
>   chances do these people get?
>
>   Baroness Jan

Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW		H.E. Niklas Vasilevich
niklas at pbgilbert.net	      CB,CSM,KGA,OTR,ORH,Crane,AoA
936-714-3198 Cellular            Kingdom of Ansteorra
             Society for Creative Anachronism

            Texas Dept. Of Transportation, Radio Operations
            Austin, Texas                      512-506-5141
                       pgilber at dot.state.tx.us

                        "The Eagle has landed"
         "Sable, a double-headed eagle, a bordure engrailed or"