[Ansteorra] What has happened?

prand at grandecom.net prand at grandecom.net
Mon Oct 3 14:41:52 PDT 2005

Here's My 2 cents....

We talk about newcomers not being educated in the ways of chivalry, I say it
goes back to our society today.  I am sorry, but I taught my children to always
be helpful.  Open doors for others, offer to help someone in need and NOT JUST
AT EVENTS but ALWAYS.  It is common courtesy to offer to help others.  Soooo it
should come as second nature at SCA events.  And as a past Girl Scout I always
leave a site better than when I arrived.  AND I am adamant about NOT littering.
 All a result of my upbringing.

As for the alcohol in period containers.  Uh aren't we trying to create a
medieval ambiance?  Aren't we asked to make every attempt to hide the mundane
items at our events?  So whether the site rules dictate it be in period
containers or not--it should be anyway.  So there should be no need to remind
everyone about the rules, unless it is the one about hiding or disguising your
mundane items!

Caitriona