[Ansteorra] Lazarus Dragonrider, R.I.P.

rudin rudin at mail.ev1.net
Mon Oct 3 22:08:44 PDT 2005

Lord Lazarus Dragonrider has passed away.

Lazarus joined the SCA in the 1970s.  He and his wife Gwyneth of
Dragon's Keepe very quickly became active in the Clan Cadal, the
Barony of the Steppes, and the Principality and Kingdom of
Ansteorra.  They had become inactive in the 90s; so many of you
won't remember him, so let me share my memories.

He was unfailingly polite and consistently good-hearted.  My image
of Lazarus is him walking around the site on Friday evening with a
hammer, helping people set up tents.

Lazarus was able to watch his wife become the fifth Queen of Love
and Beauty of the Steppes, and his son John become the first child
to receive a Rising Star of Ansteorra.

Lazarus was always fiercely and actively loyal to his friends, his
household, his barony, and his kingdom.  This caused him no
difficulty because he never saw any conflict in his loyalties.
Nor would he have understood if you tried to explain one.

Since "Dragonrider" is unregisterable, his name is offically
"Lazarus of the Steppes", a fact which caused him no dismay at
all.  He will always be Lord Lazarus Dragonrider to this herald.

Gentle soul, loyal friend, loving husband, caring father.  He will
be missed.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net