[Ansteorra] Attn: Light fighters/Late Period personas

Chelsea Williams baby_sis_83 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 7 21:30:16 PDT 2005

The pictures are for my gender and sexuality in Early Modern Europe class.
(16, 17, 18th centuries) She's calling me lazy because I volunteered to show
images of these modern day men dressed in this late period clothing, and
haven't had time yet. (not to mention she also called me lazy when I asked
what ars erotica meant, but I did look it up and couldn't find an answer
which is why I asked her >.<) I know there are some people out there with
nice period garb (she just doesn't have to know it's made of a non period
fabric) After I had picked and choosed my pictures, I was going to contact
those people that were present in them and ask their permission to use the
picture in my presentation, (some people are touchy about that stuff!) but
some others are going in my writing journal. Somehow the clothes on a real
person beats the pants out of a picture of a doublet. At the beginning of
this project idea, my professor agreed with me saying that it's better to
have period clothes on real people than just pictures of the clothes
themselves. I KNOW they're out there. Just gotta find them. There are also
some people in the class that aren't fully grasping the idea that men wore
tights and lace.

And I asked for pictures of ladies mostly to keep from offending them!
However, we have/are covering the concept of cross dressing.

Did that help at all?
-Chelsea Williams
Known in these Current Middle Ages as Grainne Kathleen NicPadraig MacDaniel