[Ansteorra] Question 10/8/05

Lori Campbell countesskat at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 10:02:38 PDT 2005

Technically, I think royalist means an advocate of
principles of government by a monarchy.  For me,
though, it is a bit more complex than simply
acknowledging that "the king's word is law."

We all know that the Crown in Ansteorra has a great
deal of power and authority that some other kingdoms
don’t allow their rulers to possess.  When an
important but unpopular decision is made, the
difference between a royalist and not a royalist boils
down to the fall-out.

Generally speaking a true royalist recognizes and
respects the Crown’s decision after the fact even if
he/she thinks the king was dead wrong.  In the end the
decision has been made and now it is time to move on.
It isn’t so much an issue of them changing their
opinion (most self-proclaimed royalists I know are
very opinionated and vocal), rather it seems a matter
of protecting the rights and reputation of the Crown
after the fact by setting aside their right (?) to
gripe or whine because they didn’t like the outcome.

Kat MacLochlainn
Wiesenfeuer