[Ansteorra] Question 10/8/05

Chris Zakes moondrgn at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 10 11:07:23 PDT 2005

At 12:02 PM 10/10/2005, you wrote:

(snip)

>Generally speaking a true royalist recognizes and
>respects the Crown's decision after the fact even if
>he/she thinks the king was dead wrong.  In the end the
>decision has been made and now it is time to move on.
>It isn't so much an issue of them changing their
>opinion (most self-proclaimed royalists I know are
>very opinionated and vocal), rather it seems a matter
>of protecting the rights and reputation of the Crown
>after the fact by setting aside their right (?) to
>gripe or whine because they didn't like the outcome.
>
>Kat MacLochlainn
>Wiesenfeuer

I'm not sure if I qualify as a "royalist" or not. To my mind, if I think
the Crown is doing something exceptionally foolish or dangerous to the
Kingdom, I consider it my duty to advise them (politely and privately, of
course) not to do so.

Funny somewhat-related story: Back in the late '70s or early '80s, someone
asked me if I was a Democrat or Republican. I looked at my watch and then
told him I was a monarchist (it was after 5:00 on Friday, you see, which
meant I was in SCA-time.)

         -Tivar Moondragon
                 Ansteorra