[Ansteorra] Hey Bordermarch Folks

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 17:35:54 PDT 2005

> Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 15:45:59 -0500
> From: "richard at duke.sca.org" <richard at resalehost.networksolutions.com>
> Subject: [Ansteorra] Hey Bordarmarch Folks
> To: "ansteorra at ansteorra.org" <ansteorra at ansteorra.org>
>
> It is too soon for any real action of this, but I wanted to see if there
> would even be anyone in a position to help.  The following was posted to
> the Armour Archive  by Ingrid an SCA'r  out of Chicago.
>
> > Good friend evac'd to Holley Beach, near TX, What now?
>
> > I finally heard from my friend colleen late last night. She is in
> > Holley beach and has been there since... sunday maybe? She wants to
> > come back to chicago, her hometown, for an extednded stay, and then we
> > will find out what to do then. I want to get her here to chicago, but
> > don't know what the best advice is. If it came to it, I would drive
> > down myself. I am not sure if that is the most expedient route, it is
> > a 16 hour drive. supposing all goes well, you find gas, etc.
> > Anyone know more about the situation in that area? She is a petite
> > single woman, I don't know if she has friends that she knows well with
> > her, she's staying in a 2BR house with 15+ other people, the
> > homeowners are people who she doesn't know but who should have stars
> > put in their crowns for this. Long story short. I have very little
> > info. She said they were trying to get busses there. Don't know how
> > likely that is to happen soon.I am worried about my friend. I want her
> > here ASAP, safe. I think things may get worse, I want her out now. I
> > don't know if it is overreacting (probably) but in this situation I
> > would rather over react and be too cautious and spend too much on
> > airline tickets, or pick up and drive, than to find out that something
> > awful happened to her on some 22 hour bus trip with strangers.
> > Please advise.
> > Ingrid
>
> If this comes to a head, if you know someone in Bordermarch or Lake
> Charles who might be willing to help out, let me know.  Just in case you
> don't know Holly Beach is on the coast due south of Sulphur, LA on
> Highway 27 at Highway 82.
>
> Regards,
> Duke Jean Richard Malcolmson
> Rosenfeld
> --

Jean Richard, et all,
You may want to have the lady check in with Continental Airlines (based in Houston)
at: http://www.continental.com/onepass/oDonateMiles.asp
or 1-800-523-FARE (1-800-523-3273)
I heard on the radio today, there is a bit online, that Continental may
donate some tickets, or discount fare-pricing for folks affected by the
storm, who can prove by ID they are from the region.
It maybe worth a phone call to see if she qualifies for a plane trip
to Chicago.

Depending on the region the lady in waiting in, someone coming to get
her may not be allowed into the region due to roads and power being out;
don't know about Sulphur, LA.

But, Continental maybe an option for those trying to get home.
Regards, Hillary / Stargate