[Ansteorra] Airline relocations possible

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 19:53:48 PDT 2005

> Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 17:35:54 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Hillary Greenslade <hillaryrg at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Hey Bordermarch Folks
> To: ansteorra at ansteorra.org,
>
> Jean Richard, et all,
> You may want to have the lady check in with Continental Airlines (based in Houston)
> at: http://www.continental.com/onepass/oDonateMiles.asp
> or 1-800-523-FARE (1-800-523-3273)
> I heard on the radio today, there is a bit online, that Continental may
> donate some tickets, or discount fare-pricing for folks affected by the
> storm, who can prove by ID they are from the region.
><snip>
> But, Continental maybe an option for those trying to get home.
> Regards, Hillary / Stargate

Update to my own message - now it seems that all the airline carriers based
in Texas (American Airlines, Continental and Southwest) are willing to
assist in relocating evacues to other parts of the country to reunite with
family.  Many frequent fliers are being asked to donate flyer miles to
assist with the effort.  Proof of residency in the affected regions,
and paperwork are probably required, but for someone with nothing trying to
get across the country, this maybe a way to do it.
Regards, Hillary