[Ansteorra] A good idea

Cheri Hodek texastornado_50 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 06:05:32 PDT 2005

I find this idea something I can support for the fact that it provides not only hope but pride to those folks that are still there and trying to put their lives back on track.

Muirenn

I've been thinking that if in six months time the landowners think they can provide the infrastructure (person power and equipment for trash pick up, port o johns, etc), access to and from the site is available, and area food and supply stores are back up and running, then the best thing we could possibly do is show up and spend as much money in the local area as
possible.  If there are enough area facilities in place to allow the influx of 4000 or more people for a week, then what better way can we provide a boost to the local economy?  By paying our camping fees we will help the landowners recoup the cost of site recovery; our presence will provide employment for all the wonderful people who pick up our trash, deliver our ice, clean our port-o-johns, and haul us around site, and we will help Lumberton and surrounding communities by making a point of buying all our food and camping supplies from their local commercial establishments rather than hauling it in.  Heck, perhaps we could assist the landowner with site recovery by organizing site clean up activities during the event, or we
could have a Red Cross or other type of donation point on site (and don't think that even after six months it won't be needed...).  No doubt there are many other ways we could capitolize on our presence to provide tremendous support for the local economy.  It's worth thinking about...

Corrinne

"Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've
been but also where you're going.  Life is not a race, but a journey to
be savored each step of the way."