[Ansteorra] Not sure if you've seen this from the seneschal of meridies]

lisabetta at kjsl.com lisabetta at kjsl.com
Thu Sep 1 07:40:11 PDT 2005

 Not sure if you've seen this from the seneschal of

Forwarded with permission

Hello all

I'm Gwen, the seneschal for Meridies....

Wanted to let everyone know that we have heard from New Orleans (Barony of
Axemore), and have accounted for our people there. Likewise Mobile and
Pensacola.

We have not heard from Biloxi or Hattiesburg as of yet, but the power and
phones are all still out there--so we're very hopeful.

New Orleans and MS are in a right state--there is no drinking water
available and the city is now considered a health hazard. No one can
really get in or out, and there is now mandatory evacuations of the entire
city.

There are several relief efforts underway, not the least of which are the
Salvation Army (1-800-SAL-ARMY) and the American Red Cross. Others across
the Knowne World have contacted myself and my Crown wanting to know where
to send care packages, etc. Atlanta, GA (Barony of the South Downs) is
organizing the efforts to get what may come to those in need---we'll post
here ASAP.

I cannot convey how touched and grateful we are here in Meridies for the
outporing of help and concern--we are truly blessed to have such good
friends in the SCA. You guys are, hands-down, what we are all striving to
be---noble.

Thank you all so much again for your thoughts and prayers

I remain

Gwen

http://us.click.yahoo.com/FXrMlA/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/PJ_qlB/TM