Getting Involved... (was Re: [Ansteorra] Apology from Nasiral-Fayyid)

Jayme Michaels reaper_ih at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 9 22:42:40 PDT 2005

> > What I'm hearing is that upon seeing someone she believed was being
> > abused she should have just ignored it. She was not offended and
> > complained to someone. She was pissed off and ready to beat him to a
> > bloody pulp. It is being presented that only one person in the tavern
> > was offended. This is not the case. Only one person spoke up. Alf
> > was lucky she said something. There were a few others offended and
> > they had no interest in speaking. A couple of big, ham-fisted squires
> > were about to hurt him. Several others were offended as well. It may
> > very well have been a game, but a number of people saw it as abuse of
> > a lady.
> >
> > I won't even start on the old "she didn't mind defense." As a
> > teacher, I see kids and women abused who "don't care," or "deserved
> > it." While it very well may be true that the play here was fine with
> > the lady in question. If she didn't speak up that night (and by the
> > accounts I've heard, she didn't), how does a person know ?
> >

> > Iago

They Could ask.  I have worked in security for a lot of my adult life and
one of the first things i was taught was in any situation find out what is
happening before you react.  You never know what consenting adults are going
to do in public.

Ld Kusunoki Ranmyaku
Squire to Earl Sir Aaron McGregor
First Mate Privateer Ship Venture Of the House Corsair