[Ansteorra] re: Crown Server Auction

susan stallman bronwens at cableone.net
Fri Sep 16 14:02:33 PDT 2005

I'll be happy to explain:

A server auction is where people who are wanting to serve at feast are, well, put up for auction.  This is always a fun fund raiser.  Often a table will go together to bid on someone.  Although sometimes a single person may bid on a server and share with their table, or not.  The auction will be scheduled for a time where fighters will have a chance to clean up and come bid on someone to cater to them after their long day of noble endeavors.

There is always great fun to be had by both server and servee.  Often the one being bid on has the most fun of all.  Many servers will come up with a twist or a bonus to raise their value.  For instance, Lady Thora and HE Adria are being "sold" as a pair, and a middle-eastern dance will be included in the price.  So whoever antes up for them will get dinner AND entertainment.

If you have seen HL Elizabeth's feast menu, you know it will be quite an extravaganza, so serving experience is preferred.  I am now half way to the number of servers needed, so I am still looking for more.

REMEMBER!  This is a chance to serve those in need, while your serving friends at feast.

In Service Always,

Lady Bronwen Selwyn
The Fox Tail Inn
Barony of the Eldern Hills

Can you explain what is involved exactly?
gwyneth

susan stallman <bronwens at cableone.net> wrote:
Greetings Good People of Ansteorra!

I am coordinating servers for the fabulous feast HL Elizabeth is preparing for Crown. We will be holding a server auction to raise funds for our neighbors to the east who have fallen victim to the treacherous jezebel Katrina. While I have had a number of generous hearted Ansteorrans step forward to offer themselves to be used, or is that abused, as servers, I am yet short of the number needed. I would like to have the list completed by this weekend so I may start to coordinate things as need.

If you are interested in being a server, please e'mail me privately at bronwens at cableone.net .

My thanks to all who step forward.

In Service Always,

Lady Bronwen Selwyn