[Ansteorra] Some persona ideas

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Sep 16 22:01:53 PDT 2005

<snip>
Can anyone think of any other personas (in SCA period, 600-1600 ACE,
Europe
including the old Roman empire) that are in general hard to play due
to the
lack of information or the deluge of fantastic information?
<end>

Eastern European cultures are still difficult to research, although
much easier than 10 or 15 years ago.

I'd like to see more folks do some of the less common personas. I
think we've got plenty of Viking Norse. How about some post-viking
era Norse? The Norse didn't just disappear after the Viking Age was
over.
pst-Vik-Norse-msg (17K)  1/10/00    Post Viking Norse. Sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/pst-Vik-Norse-msg.html

And this file has some wonderful, little used, persona ideas:
Som-Per-Ideas-art (16K) 12/31/02    "Some Persona Ideas" by by HL
Elaine de
                                        Montgris (known as 'Lainie).
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/Som-Per-Ideas-art.html

And if you are tired of having a "normal" persona:
per-insanity-msg  (36K)  9/13/96    Insane personas, insanity in period.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/per-insanity-msg.html
per-lepers-msg     (9K)  2/23/01    Stories of using leper personas.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/per-lepers-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas