[Ansteorra] Disaster Relief

Patrickandjulia at aol.com Patrickandjulia at aol.com
Sat Sep 3 14:38:09 PDT 2005

Greetings Ansteorra!

I have been watching the various lists regarding efforts to get relief  to
those most affected.  From what I have been able to gather, if at all  possible,
the best thing we can do is to donate funds through reputable  organizations
such as the Red Cross or Salvation Army.  With the roads in  the condition
they are in, the likelihood that care packages that are shipped  arriving in a
timely manner is probably slim.  Trying to drive  supplies down may be just as
difficult as only emergency relief personnel will  probably be allowed in the
affected areas.  There is talk about gasoline  being scarce in some areas.
Don't become another victim of this crisis in  an effort to help.  With homes
destroyed, there may not be a place for any  items collected to be stored.
Moneys donated through Red Cross or some  other organization will reach the
affected areas much faster than we can.   Let us assist with the most immediate needs
right now.  Yes, collect or  make garb, and other SCA items that will be
needed once the initial crisis is  dealt with.  Yes, continue with fundraisers.
This situation will  affect our members for months and possibly years.  We need
to prepare for  the long haul.

Thank you, again, Ansteorra, for rallying to help!

Duchess Julia
Disaster Relief Coordinator, Ansteorra