[Ansteorra] OP Troubles

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Sep 5 21:12:07 PDT 2005

Whoops one or two other things I should have mentioned.

If you go into you Adobe Acrobat preferences there should be setting for
Internet options.  On the page you will find a setting for "Fast Web
View".  If that option is enabled, then if you are having such problems
turn it off.  This removes the tendency to only retrieves parts of the
files as needed.  If you need to turn that off, then you might also
want/need to turn off  and "speculative" file retrieval  and make sure
that you connection speed is set appropriately.  And  you can turn off
the act of opening these files in your web browser  and have it open the
files in a new Acrobat window if you want.
http://www.scabrewer.com/acrobat.jpg

Another reason  that such "fast web" viewing of files mail fail is that
when the person builds the PDF file  they did not properly optimize it
for fast web viewing.  IF you are using genuine Adobe Acrobat Distiller
to generate the files the you tell Adobe to "Optimize for the Web".
When you do that you have a file that most likely will work just fine in
a fast web view.  Many files today are not generated by genuine Adobe,
and many are not optimized for fast web viewing.

I downloaded and looked at the OP, it IS generated by a genuine Adobe
Distiller and IS optimized for the web.  I have no trouble with the file
and no trouble with the server  so that leads me to believe that the
problem is with Fast Web viewing on your individual setup or Internet
connection (probably not caused by anything you did).  Try either of the
methods I mention (turn off fast web view, or download the complete file
and then open) and I bet that fixes it for ya.

Regards,
--
HL Eadric Anstapa
DSEM CA