[Ansteorra] Re: animal rescue

Lori Campbell countesskat at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 09:55:24 PDT 2005

Along that same line, if you can't give money or
shelter a family, but would like to help, there will
be a huge number of displaced pets who will need
foster homes until their owners relocate (some, of
course, will never be reunited with their people and
their best hope for survival is adoption).

Here's the latest reliable contact info I have about
finding homes for/fostering displaced pets.  Things
are sad enough for these people who have just lost
everything.  It would be doubly sad if they are forced
to lose their pets too.  We know from the tornados up
here that it can be a tremendous source of hope and
inspiration to a devastated family, just knowing their
pet is well and provided for until they find a
permanent place to live.

- Kat M.
Wiesenfeuer

>  The animal shelter in the City of Galveston is
being inundated with people, refugees from the
hurricane, who are being forced to turn in their pets
because the human shelters won't let them keep them.
These poor refugees who have lost everything else are
now having to lose their animal companions.  Please
call the Galveston animal shelter immediately if you
can foster just one cat or dog.

      The phone number is: 409-740-1919.

      The Galveston County Animal Shelter in Texas
City is receiving animal refugees also. I believe that
18 pets are being delivered there this afternoon.
Again, if you can foster just one cat or dog, call the
County shelter in Texas City immediately at
409-948-2485.

      Both shelters were already filled beyond
capacity before taking in refugee pets. Please help.
Foster a dog or cat if you can.  <