[Ansteorra] KAR Cleanup

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 6 22:23:57 PDT 2005

The biggest problem I can see is that the timber is green and will
have to be dried/aged before it can be used in any fitted type
construction since it most likely will warp as it dries.

However, some split log work, and the Trimaris gate comes to mind,
might be able to use some of the downed timber. For their fence, and
it was one of the items that has been mentioned as not surviving the
hurricane, the vertical timbers were only fastened in two locations
and it had a lot of space between the vertical pieces, so I don't
think any warping would be of much concern.

Stefan

On Sep 6, 2005, at 5:13 PM, L T wrote:

> That would be kewl...but since most of the wood is pine...for it to
> last the timber
> would have to be treated.
>
> Lorraine DeerSlayer
>
> --- Cairenn Day <cpenny at swbell.net> wrote:
>

>> The church camp, I went to as a kid, had a covered, but open sided
>> building, that they called the tabernacle.  It was huge, and
>> served as
>> the dining area for years.  It was made for rough hewn lumber.
>>
>> Maybe we could build some small pavilion type structures like
>> this, for
>> some of the campsites and even for A&S.  It would then be easy to
>> put up
>> canvas walls, if they were needed.
>>
>> Cairenn

--------