[Ansteorra] Romantic Personas

Synrik synrik at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 13 18:02:44 PDT 2005

I wasn't saying that Pirates are OOP (Out Of Period, SCA Acronym) . . . . .
There is plenty of references to them  . . . . both good and bad.

The OOP reference was to Ninjas.  Though they existed in the SCA time period, I
have yet to see a european reference to "little slant-eyed men, dressed in black
silk, flinging round disks of knives, and chopping down people people as if it
were air."

Only in late period do we find Orientals at all.  Through chinese maps show Cape
Horn and the Ivory Coast (they traded with India by sea) long before Marco Polo
was a twinkle in anyone's imagination.

But that's not to say that the handful of Orientals that were around, one of
them could have been a ninja . . . . .  . And was polite enough to hide it.