[Ansteorra] Re: Ansteorra Digest, Vol 28, Issue 28

donpieter at aol.com donpieter at aol.com
Wed Sep 14 06:49:15 PDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan MacNamara <duncan_macnamara at hotmail.com>
To: ansteorra at ansteorra.org
Sent: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:58:32 -0500
Subject: RE: [Ansteorra] Re: Ansteorra Digest, Vol 28, Issue 28

>Not a Capt of anything but a Sea Beggar none the less.

And just a clarification... Cap'n Haddock and I don't just claim to be Captains... we both have crews to go along with it.... My ship, for example, operates as a Household, and my Captaincy was granted to me by the former Matriarch of Black Company. I'm not sure of Cap'n Haddock's, but I am sure that his Captaincy wasn't taken out of arrogance.

Lord Duncan MacNamara
Captain of the Iron Lotus
Commodore of the Allied Outlanders Fleet

I figured it was a head of household thing. I once call myself capt of the Orange Moon an SCA ship household  but decided that since I was not able to really command a ship and didn't have all the knowledge of the total in's and out's of a 16th cen ship I would stop calling myself Capt. Personal choice. (I still have a problem with rigging tacking and navigation issues)

For now I have enough info to be a deck officer or master at arms (Most research has been in period torture and punishment.)

Don Pieter