[Ansteorra] Romance in the SCA?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 20 20:41:15 PDT 2005

On Sep 20, 2005, at 2:50 PM, Brenna wrote:
> there is an sca yahoo singles group , ?????
> where do i sign  up , i would love to find someone in the sca to date,
> Lady Brenna
> Of Wisesnfeuer

There are indeed several such groups. They are worth a try. However,
I would first see about reading the files that I mentioned and see if
they don't give you some ideas. The SCA can be a very good place to
meet folks. Among other things, the SCA provides plenty of excuses,
er, reasons to go up to someone and open a conversation with them.
You can ask about the craft they are doing, the fighting, about the
culture they appear to be dressed for, whether they made or bought or
found a particular ornament or piece of jewelry etc. This often can
work well for the shy folks, such as myself.

Also, take advantage of the wide variety of activities and classes
which the SCA provides. If your local group has a dance guild, they
can be a good place. And you can often meet a lot of interesting
folks working gate or helping prepare feast, or whatever.

There is also this file in the same SCA-SOCIOLOGY section to keep in
mind. While it is possible to create a wonderful relationship with
folks outside the SCA, often it seems that that can be much more
difficult than one where both partners play in the SCA.
non-SCA-part-msg  (45K)  7/29/97    Dealing with partners who are not
in the SCA

Good luck!

Stefan

Hmmm. There is also this Florilegium file:  :-)
aphrodisiacs-msg  (24K)  2/12/04    Medieval aphrodisiacs.
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com