[Ansteorra] question on ceramics and its history

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Sep 24 18:08:38 PDT 2005

Lady Brenna wrote:

> I want to thank every one for the helpful information , I  was so
> hoping to find slip casting some how period but i guess i will have
> no luck ,
> i am still researching on how to pain in a period way ,

Well, for researching on how to "pain" in a period way, you might
check some of the files in the COMBAT section of the Florilegium. Or
perhaps the p-medicine-msg or the punishments-msg files. :-)

> not sure i am ready to invert in a poetry wheel yet but maybe some day

There were two types of pottery wheels, one that was slower and was
used on pottery already made using the coil technique and the faster
wheels which most folks these days are more familiar with. Perhaps
the slower technique might be more to your liking?
pottery-whels-msg (28K)  1/24/01    Period pottery wheels. Types.
Building them.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/pottery-whels-msg.html

Stefan
--------