[Ansteorra] Rita Recovery - Canton, TX

Vicki Marsh xaraxene at comcast.net
Sun Sep 25 19:31:31 PDT 2005

I know we want to help our own, but a place that we have been many times
might be able to use our help right now. The Canton Civic Center is caring
for several busloads of evacuees from Beaumont, and they need help. This is
the site that we use for Steppes Warlord, Elfsea Defender, and Ansteorran
Argent Anniversary.

If there is someone who has contacts with the City of Canton, could you
please find out what we, the members of the SCA, could do to help? I have
several cases of bottled water I can donate and some canned goods. I am
willing to drive out there tomorrow afternoon/evening to deliver it, but I'd
like to know what they need at this time. Unfortunately, I have to go to
work tomorrow, but will be available to drive out there after school.

This is the city that has allowed us to invade their park, restaurants, and
civic center on a regular basis. Can anyone who knows the managers of the
Canton Civic Center check on this and report back?

In Service,

Xene