[Ansteorra] Gulf Wars and the War Cadence

Burke McCrory burkemc at cox.net
Mon Apr 3 22:46:05 PDT 2006

Greetings unto the Bold and Mighty Warriors of the Kingdom of Ansteorra,

At the most recent Gulf Wars a challenge was handed out by HG Patrick
Michael, General of the Ansteorran Army.  Earlier in the day as we
marched towards the field to contest the first war point, HRM Mahdi
had given the singular honor of leading the army's march to
Mooneschadowe's Liondragon Guard.  These proud young warriors are
know far and wide for singing almost everywhere they go and this
occasion was no different.  As we marched they sang a special
marching cadence that they had written about the LionDragon guard and
its prowess.  As mighty and glorious as this cadence was, it was not
about Ansteorra or her Army of Heros.  So at the end of the day HG
Patrick Michael approached Mooneschadowe and challenged them to do
the same for the Ansteorran army as they had done for the LionDragon
Guard.  That evening members of the LionDragon guard lead by Dante
and Wookie sat down to write a new cadence for the Army.  In only one
evening these warriors came up with what is below.  His Majesty and
His Grace were well pleased I believe, because this new cadence was
performed every time the Army of Heros marched into battle for the
rest of the War.

Sir Burke

ViVat to Dante and the LionDragon Guard
ViVat Ansteorra

A full version and story with mp3 file can be found on Baroness
Rhiannon Redwulf's website
(http://www.redwulf.info/songs/cadences/cadences.htm )

Ansteorran Pride We Bear
(Dante's Cadence)