Why? (was Re: [Ansteorra] Principality?)

Iago baroniago at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 24 04:59:49 PDT 2006

In the past I've chose to stay silent on this issue.

Some nagging questions have always bugged me.  How EXACTLY is forming
one or more principalities going to help alleviate anything.

Localizing and separating regions and creating even MORE regional
differences is good?

Adding new events to the calendar to support the principality is good?

Forming a principality will somehow make it cheaper to drive to
Coronation/Queen's/Crown/Fall Melees/Three Kings/Warlord/GulfWars?

People who won't drive farther than 100 miles for an event, still
won't, no matter the political identity.  Much the same with those
who won't cross the Red River (in either direction), or those who
won't go west of I-35.  I would prefer not to encourage this sort of
behavior by sectioning chunks of the kingdom off.

With the price of gas, we must now be choosier about which events we
go to.  I'd love to go to Loch's event and then turn around and go to
Warlord the next weekend, but I'm going to have to pick one. I'll
deal with it. I'll be grouchy about missing one, but I'll live with it.

If there are other, underlying reasons to form a principality that
I'm missing, please let me know.

Iago