[Ansteorra] Principality?

Chris Zakes moondrgn at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 24 04:56:38 PDT 2006

At 10:44 PM 4/23/2006, you wrote:

>If memory serves me correctly... Ansteorra was formed from a
>Princapality.

That's correct, but the conditions back then aren't quite the same as we're
dealing with now. Ansteorra started as part of Atenveldt, at a time when
Atenveldt stretched from Arizona north to Canada and east to the Atlantic
Ocean. (It included the areas that are now the kingdoms of Artemesia, the
Outlands, Ansteorra, Gleann Abhann, Meridies and Trimaris.)

In those days we *might* see the Aten Crown once a year if we were lucky,
and encouraging the formation of principalities that could grow into
kingdoms made sense. It's about 800 miles from the southernmost point of
Ansteorra to its northern border; going from "central" Atenveldt (i.e.
Phoenix) to the eastern edges of the kingdom was two or three times that
distance.

         -Tivar Moondragon