[Ansteorra] Principality?

Sluggy! sluggy9912 at swbell.net
Tue Apr 25 10:53:39 PDT 2006

I'll be the first to admit that I have not carefully read every post
with this subject line, but what I have seen seems to suggest
politically dividing the Kingdom as a contribution to solving the
driving distance problem to events.

If 300 miles is too far for me to drive to an event in, for example,
Stargate, putting an imaginary line between Stargate and my home is not
going to make those locales any closer to one another.

Now, if there were more events taking place in each of the new, smaller
entities, maybe that could help, but there are still only the same
number of people in the combined kingdoms to put on any event, plus
there would be new Royal events required in the Principality.

If a region of our Kingdom, even my region, wanted to form a
Principality, I would have little or no opposition to it, but citing
that as a potential solution for the driving distance to events is not,
in my opinion, a very good reason.

The difficulties in dealing with a large number of local groups or a
particularly large population or even lessening the travel burden on
only the Ansteorra Royals would all be better reasons.

Sluggy!