Why? (was Re: [Ansteorra] Principality?)

Chris Zakes moondrgn at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 26 07:28:04 PDT 2006

At 08:21 AM 4/25/2006, you wrote:

(snip)

>And, just as in the mundane-world when family-splits occur, when Kingdom-
>splits (say.. formations of Principalities) occur, hurt feelings and
>recriminations
>can last, sometimes for years!

A lot depends on *how* the split occurs, too. For example, Calontir was
once a principality of the Middle Kingdom. The perception there was that
the folks from the "central" Midrealm pretty much ignored Calontir, so when
Calontir became its own kingdom they wanted to be as *unlike* the parent
kingdom as possible (sort of like the conservative businessman's kid who
grows up to be a biker and tattoo artist. <G>)

On the other hand, I don't think there are nearly as many hard feelings
between, say, Northshield and the Midrealm or Gleann Abhann and Meridies.

         -Tivar Moondragon