[Ansteorra] A subject change...

BeckysQuilt at aol.com BeckysQuilt at aol.com
Thu Apr 27 07:19:17 PDT 2006

Kids in the SCA!

Here's one to giggle over. My two oldest kids were 2 and 3 years old when I
found the SCA in the early 80's. I was a single parent then so the kids went
where I did. My best friend would travel with us and she and I would practice
bardic pieces in the car on the way to events. This went on for several years.

When my oldest was in 1st grade, her school had a Founders Day Party. During
the course of the afternoon, her teacher held a talent show in the classroom.
My sweet little, blonde headed, blue eyed daughter, stood up there in her
little Prarrie dress and belted out the first verse of "I'm a Rover, seldom
sober...." I stopped her after one verse before the song got worse. What makes this
so funny is that Josie, my daughter, went to Catholic school and was lucky
enough to be taught by a nun in the first grade. Sister glared at me, just like I
remember from my school days, and most of the other parents were hiding
smiles if not out right giggling!

We were very careful of what we sang in the car on the way to events after
that!

Elizabeth Dabernoune