[Ansteorra] Little ones at events...

William & Robin Willett moiranliam at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 27 21:06:07 PDT 2006

*ponder*

Thanks for all the input!  Yeah, I have the babycage (as I call it) and the
wagon -the radio flyer and the garden one that has bad tires right now, and
the toys, and I don't get certain things unless they serve double duty -
home and events.  Vivien is like me and wants to roam around.  Putting her
in the play yard sends her in to fits.  I'm going to try the leash for her
and babysling for Chance at the next event I go to.  Liam is usually
spending the day fighting, and I like to roam around, waterbear, do the
Chiurgeon thing.  Sitting still is hard for us, and I'm thinking it's
genetic.  I WILL look for a kid chair and a mug for Vivi.. We'll see if
that helps her out.

We've evented with the kids since they were about 2 weeks old and my
thought process was always "they're portable."  It just got a little
trickier once Chance showed up.  I've already been trying a lot of what is
suggested except for finding a victim, er helper.  I guess we just need to
figure out what works better and run with it! *grin*  I think I'm just
kinda stuck not being able to do things I used to do at events- like HL
Chiara's situation (thanks, I think they're kinda cute too!).  I just try
to do behind the scenes stuff for service so I feel like I contribute.
Trust me, once Chance walking, I'm handing them both water bottles.  Who
would turn down waterbearers who are that cute?

Moira