[Ansteorra] Re: the dreaded P word, again

xaraxene at comcast.net xaraxene at comcast.net
Fri Apr 28 10:05:30 PDT 2006

My exact thoughts, Sir Burke.

Also, would the Crown have to be present at every Coronet list /investiture? From the people I've talked to who have lived in Principalities, the Crown's presence is not required. It would all depend on how the Kingdom Law is written (again....).

I've thought that perhaps all the Coronet lists could be held the week (or month) before Kingdom Coronation - all on the same day -  then the Tanists and Tanistas would have to attend Coronation to be invested and or swear fealty to the Crown. The Crown could only attend one list, while the others would be overseen by their Principality Knight Marshalls and Seneschals.

That would mean only 1 extra event per reign for a Crown - not 10 or 20. YMMV.

I personally don't see any problems with having more Viscounts and Viscountesses around. Many of them would probably go on to win Crown Tournament and at least have the experience of ruling a smaller group before sitting on the Sable Thrones. Is that a bad thing?

Each Principality would also be able to have their own Principality Laws, bank account, heraldry, branch of heralds, and awards and OP.

There is a lot of work that goes into forming a Principality. If you *are* in favor of making your Region/area into a Principality, are you willing to volunteer and do the behind-the-scenes hard work? Have you paid your membership and applied for an officer's position in your local group or in your Region?

My two bezants worth....

Mistress Xene Theriane

From: Burke McCrory <bmccrory at tax.ok.gov>