[Ansteorra] gas prices too high...travel effects

Kingdom Webminister vscribe at ansteorra.org
Fri Apr 21 07:33:40 PDT 2006

Adrian,

Unfortunately, those nations do not have individuals working
for wages that are below the poverty level that drive. The news
this morning posted that they are now going to pawn shops to
sell what ever they can to be able to afford the gas.

For now, for me, I will pay the prices to do the jobs I have in
and out of the SCA. I actually set aside a fund for this.
Nothing spectacular, but it is just something I learned while
in college that I made into a habit.

Most of our membership also do the same thing. They have a
travel fund that is left alone. But many of us are hitting the
tail end of that fund now faster than we anticipated.

If we had years of these pricing trends begining in the 70's
when we had our first real energy crisis we might have been ok
today.

But as things are, this is not ok. It is too much too fast and
the only folks benefitting from it are the stock traders that
are shorting the stocks and causing at least 35% of this
problem.

I saw this happening back in the dot com rise. It is not as
bad, but it is stil a manipulation that we are not able to
adjust to quick enough to really feel stable.

Thank god for the internet. A lot of our face to face work can
be done online realtime, saving us a great deal in gas money.

Even if we went the way of physical divisions of the kingdom
beyond that of regions we are a unique Kingdom in that we will
choose to travel all over the Texas Oklahoma area because we
are so diverse in our needs. Our roads are like those of Rome.
Not everything we want is all within a 2 hour drive but it is
with in a 4 hour drive. This is true of any organization in
existance.

This is all _my_ personal opinion.

HL Chiara
Kingdom Webminister, Ansteorra