[Ansteorra] Traveling from South Coastal

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Sun Apr 23 19:18:28 PDT 2006

Though that is a non-trivial cost, we have thousands who go to Six Flags
here in Arlington and pay $40 each for admittance plus food and drink,
trinkets, and the cost of gas to get there. For two people, that is probably
well over $100 for local residents.

Elfsea Springfaire cost $10/person and was about 250 mi/roundtrip from my
house. Pulling a trailer, I got about 25mpg for about 10 gallons at an
actual price of $2.79/gallon yielding $27.90 + $20 (site fees) or about $48
for a two day event. With the cost of group food, it was around $75.00 (for
two dinners, lunch, and breakfast, but note I would have to have food at
home also).

Even with the price of gas, SCA events are still a bargain compared to
anything except staying at home. And carpooling, sharing trailers, and
sharing food plans can reduce your costs.

In service,
Caelin on Andrede