Why? (was Re: [Ansteorra] Principality?)

Bill Small bsmall at cox-internet.com
Mon Apr 24 21:08:08 PDT 2006

It's interesting how people are polarized about this issue when, in my
opinion, they really don't need to be.  I cannot see a way that
principality would be forced upon Ansteorra from above.  Principality is
something that works the other direction.  I don't see a principality
movement simply because the cost of travel has risen.  Perhaps in the
future, enough people in an area will feel that this might be an answer,
but now isn't it.  (And hopefully, that won't be the sole or even most
compelling reason.  Heck, hopefully that won't even be one of the
reasons.)

One of these days, there will be an area of the populace that will have
enough self-identity to want to pursue becoming a principality.  And
that's fine.  I would hope that when the time comes, people let it
develop as it will.  For example, with me sitting over in Graywood on
the eastern border of the kingdom, it's not my place to tell, say, the
Western region that they shouldn't be a principality simply because I
don't want Ansteorra to split up.

Just my 2 cents,

Ansgar