Why? (was Re: [Ansteorra] Principality?)

Kelly Graham caellach at houston.rr.com
Tue Apr 25 06:21:21 PDT 2006

 I will try to answer this as best I can!

As an active-member of the SCA back in the 1980s, I could tell one thing -
many SCAians felt they were a family. That MAY have extended to people
in other Kingdoms, but I do not remember the local-populace (Ravensfort,
in my case), speaking of even our *nearest* neighbor, Meredias, in the way
those in Bjorensborg, the Steppes, Elfsea, Emerald Keep, Middleford, etc.,
were spoken of!

It may have helped that few that I knew or even knew of made it to far-
events like Pennsic, regularly.

And, just as in the mundane-world when family-splits occur, when Kingdom-
splits (say.. formations of Principalities) occur, hurt feelings and
recriminations
can last, sometimes for years!

Just my shilling of opinion,

Donnchad macDonnel,