[Ansteorra] Re: the dreaded P word, again

Chris Zakes moondrgn at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 28 04:52:25 PDT 2006

At 10:13 PM 4/27/2006, you wrote:

>One small caveat:
>If all the Regions are re-named as Principalities...there would no longer
>*be* an Ansteorra, merely five Principalities, with an invisible Kingdom
>structure linking them. Entirely aside from the fact that I can't conceive
>of *any* Ansteorran wanting to (effectively) dissolve our Kingdom; I doubt
>that the BOD would allow it.
>
>Alden

Not necessarily. As has been mentioned before, the West Kingdom is almost
completely made up of principalities: The Mists around San Francisco Bay;
Cynagua, which I believe covers Sacramento and Nevada; and Oertha, which is
Alaska. The only part of the West that's *not* a principality is the part
in Japan and Korea.

I'm not sure if you could call the overall kingdom structure "invisible"
either. You'd still have a King and Queen, and kingdom-level events, as
well as kingdom officers to whom the principality officers need to report.
Now if Principality X decides that it wants to go off and form its own
kingdom (as happened in the West years ago with Atenveldt, Caid and An Tir)
then the overall size of the kingdom would decrease, but the parent kingdom
would still be there.

         -Tivar Moondragon