[Ansteorra] Elizabethan headcovering question

Maridonna maridonna at maridonna.com
Fri Aug 4 07:40:24 PDT 2006

Susan wrote:
> Recently we've been watching several Shakespeare movies.  In two of
> Zepherelli's I noticed the young woman wearing something I've never
> really seen before and was curious if it was correct and what it is
> called.  It was Ophelia in Hamlet and Juliet in the tomb in Romeo and
> Juliet.

Zefferelli's 1969 version of R&J is set during the time of the
Italian Renaissance.  I haven't seen Hamlet in years so I don't
remember in what time period this version was set.

I recently bought both movies but haven't had a chance to view them.
  I admit that I ordered Zefferelli's R&J mainly for the clothing.

Now I have to see them just out of curiosity.  :)

--
Andrea / Maridonna
Why buy while they die? Adopt a rescue or shelter pet today.