[Ansteorra] Dire News from western Ansteorra

Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Fri Aug 18 10:32:52 PDT 2006

Unto my Right Wellbeloved and Noble Cousin Kainin Tepesa, Baron of Bonwicke,
defender of the virtuous, stalwart protector of the Western region, do I,
Baron Armand Dragonetti send greetings:

Your Excellency, your words convey both ominous portent and hopeful
opportunity. Long has it been since Master Airaklee knew a full night's
sleep. I grieve for him. The efforts of my own agents have be fruitless and
no hopeful reports had been returned with which to console my good friend.
Your news is heartily received, and I have already sent word of your message
to Master Airaklee. Woe to those who dare stand between he and his fair
lady. In addition, I shall send word to all former Arthurians to
reconstitute this valiant company of years ago, to join with me on the road
to Mendershaim.

Please extend my compliments to Lord Tristan, for his report would seem to
confirm the rumors that have reached my ears. It has been suggested that
Captain Ruspoli's widow appears similar in countenance to that of one of the
fairest in Ansteorra. It is said, that her mania has grown beyond that of
mere vengeance untoward Master Airaklee. Some suggest that this Dark Lady
further desires to squelch all that is beautiful within the land. Prior
reports seem to suggest that Ruspoli's widow is a student of the dark arts
and her beauty is....unnatural, which she uses to beguile those in her
employ.

Such vanity and jealousy would seem supported by Lord Tristan's witness of
"numerous" noble ladies of the court being held captive. I fear not only for
Baroness Ceinwen's safety, but also for all that is beautiful in the
kingdom, but most especially the noble ladies in your lands. I am sending my
own guardsmen in advance of the Arthurians, to relieve the burden on Lord
Tristan and your guard. I strongly advise that the bulk of your guard return
to Bonwicke and take special care to protect Your fair lady. Her Excellency
Orianna's beauty is well known throughout the land, and if this rumor about
the Dark Lady's vanity is true, Her Excellency of Bonwicke is surely in
peril, a seemingly irresistible target. I fear for Her safety and will
muster my forces with haste to assist you.

Be on your guard, but be encouraged. The folly of Ruspoli will soon be at an
end.

In the service of kingdom and crown, I remain,
Baron Armand Dragonetti
Lord Elfsea