[Ansteorra] Favors for Elfsea Ladies Pavilion

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Aug 30 22:54:30 PDT 2006

On Aug 30, 2006, at 5:55 PM, willowdewisp at juno.com wrote:

> Lady Delorise Greetings from Duchess Willow de Wisp
> I hope you will not mine if I open up this question to some of the
> Ladies I have asked to take part in the Elfsea's Ladies Pavilion.
> What should the favors we give out at the Pavilion be like? In
> historical times a favor was a favor was a favor. Whether an
> intimate, personal thing like a lady's silk shift that had been
> worn next to  her body or a piece of cloth torn in the heat of
> moment off a dress they were still a "favor". In the SCA we have
> separated  the "Favor" a Lady gives her Lord and the favor token.

<snip>

> Duchess Willow de Wisp
> First Queen of Love and Beauty in Ansteorra

Duchess Willow, thank you for a nice summary of favors, both in
period and in the SCA, as well as for this Elfsea event.

For those interested in more details, viewpoints and ideas, check out
these files in the ACCESSORIES section of the Florilegium:
favors-msg        (78K)  6/10/04    On the making and giving of favors.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ACCESS/favors-msg.html
On-Favors-art     (18K)  5/ 7/99    "On Favors" by Donal Mac Ruiseart.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ACCESS/On-Favors-art.html
p-favors-art      (14K)  9/21/94    Article on period favors by Ray
Lischner.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ACCESS/p-favors-art.html

Stefan
--------