[Ansteorra] PENNSIC NEWS BLACKOUT

Hal Siegel therion at therionarms.com
Sun Aug 13 21:12:56 PDT 2006

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006, Alice Morrow Harris wrote:

> Greetings From Alina Unto Ansteorra & The SCA At Large:
>
> I don't know if anyone has heard but there is total news blackout. My
> lord who is at Pennsic has told me that all Chiurgeon services are
> cut and mundane EMS are in charge of those services. All news and
> information to and from the populace who are on site are also cut.
> Does anyone know what is happening?

News blackout?

news is here:

http://pennsicindependent.com/

article about EMS and chirurgeon's point:

http://pennsicindependent.com/node/234?PHPSESSID=ad5b16402664f3a28ce886e895f91f7b

"As of early Saturday morning, Pennsic 35 Mayor Baroness Mistress Brise
Sanguin has placed Chirurgeon's Point under the management of NorthWest
EMS service of McKees Rock, Penn. First aid services are still available
to all War participants free of charge, 24 hours a day, just "under new
management," according to the War's media liaison, Master Corun MacAnndra.
The exact reason that the War Chirurgeon and the chirurgeonate staff is no
longer running the Point remained undisclosed Saturday afternoon."

               Hal Siegel - TherionArms
              http://www.therionarms.com