[Ansteorra] Set the Knight on Fire?

David Backlin edrei at smythkepe.org
Tue Aug 29 13:07:02 PDT 2006

Well, no... we don't want you setting any Knights on fire,  BUT you can set the night on fire as long as it's not the whole forest  ;)

The burn ban has been lifted for Mid Summer Knight's Dream so campfires are now permitted.
We have put together what we hope will be the biggest event on our (almost) 20 year history.

For the heavy weapons fighters we have a Swiss Five Tourney (featuring the Wheel of Choice),  a Bear Pit Tourney and Tavern Games.

For the Rapier Fighters we offer the Burning Boat Tourney, The Wheel of Death and the Flux Tourney. PLUS the first ever Gleann Abhann Youth Rapier Tournament.

For those more artistically inclined, there's the Best Hat Competiton, a Mask Competiton and a Bardic Competiton with 2 catagories: Children 6-12 and  Adults 13+

And don't forget Smythkepe's first ever Siege Cooking Competiton as well as the ever popular Quest (can you navigate the Venetian underworld?).

For those will a little more bloodlust and a knack for deviousness, there's also Ye Olde Assassin's Tourney.

If nothing else, come for the classes: Introduction to Siege Weapons, Introduction to Italian Dance,  Introduction to Calligraphy, Introduction to Middle Eastern Garb, plus a round table discussion on the Responsibliities of an Associate  and a "Meet & Greet" with the new Society Exchequer.

And what would MSKD be without a feast? Our Feast Steward, THL Regne,  is preparing an Italian feast consisting of  italian roast beef, toasted ravioli, blackberry chicken,  Zupa Toscana and more!

What more could you want?  Merchants? We have those, too:

Markplatt von Otto - handcarved wood items
Something to Bragg About- embroidered patches, custom embroidery, professional sewing
Pedlars Pack- featuring THL Melandra's silk soaps
All the Trimmings- trims, buttons, cloak clasps, tapestries, miscellaneous
Joyasin's- Henna body art, knives, swords, miscellaneous
Lady Alina's Willow- "something for everyone"
Old World Merchants: garb (including children's garb), swords, knives, miscellaneous

All this and more for the paltry sum of  $17 for Adults, $13 for Children. Off-board deduct $7 (remember: "off-board" means NO Feast and it's 20 minutes to the closet McBurger). Non-SCA members please add $3.  Cash only at Troll... NO CHECKS, please.

Even site is Rogers Scout Ranch near Ione, AR . Driving directions and further information can be found here: http://www.smythkepe.org/mskd.htm  .

(confidental to His Grace Uther: yes, the directions are correct this time ;) )