[Ansteorra] fencing gear stolen 8/28

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 31 05:58:00 PDT 2006

On Aug 31, 2006, at 7:31 AM, Wayne Ross wrote:

> Posting here in case anyone happens to spot these items up for sale
> somewhere or frankly anywhere.
>
> Monday night my home was broken into and a lot of stuff was stolen,
> including my car. I am working with police and the insurance company
> now, and everyone in the house is okay. The reason I am telling y'all
> this is because in the trunk of the car was all of my fencing gear.
>
> <snip>
>
> Anyway, if anyone spots any of these items, please contact me or the
> police. Also, please post to any other list that you think might help.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Don Duncan Hepburn

Don Duncan, I'm terribly sorry for your loss but I'm glad that items
were the only things that were taken. That was a huge investment, and
it sounds like several of the pieces will be difficult (if not
impossible) to replace.

This is a tragic but timely reminder to folks: *don't* leave your
stuff in your car. Many of us -- including the Kingdom -- have lost
irreplaceable SCA items that way.

With condolences and hopes for a speedy recovery of your stuff,
Michael Silverhands