[Ansteorra] Bonwicke's Twelfth Night

paula hanna pippermint at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 6 13:47:10 PST 2006

Unto the Fair and Wondrous Populace of Ansteorra do Baron Kainin and Baroness Oriana send
warmest greetings at the beginning of this Advent Season.

Our minds have turned to the festivals of the Christmas season, and we wish to invite you
to Bonwicke on the day of Epiphany for our celebration of Twelfth Night. This Twelfth
Night is of extra import to us, as it is the first in a year of celebrations marking
Bonwicke's silver anniversary.

As to the day's events, we are seeking our new Champion Artisan and request that artisans
bring their untested works for display in our hall.

We shall hold a Pas d'Arms tournament for both the chivalric and rapier disciplines, the
theme of which shall be the Roman Venatio, in memory of the Octavian tournament Bonwicke
once held. The champions of the day shall be chosen by a ladies' gallery and shall be the
principals in the new Order of the Argent Heart.

Then, of course, there shall be a feast from the bounty of our harvest. Six removes
of wondrous fare that will please the tastes of all. We encourage all bards, dancers and
other entertainers to come and enthrall the feasters with their talents.

For further information seek http://www.bonwicke.org/twelfthnight.htm.

Until we shall see you and your household in our keep on the 6th day of the new year, we
bid you good health and merriment.

Baroness Oriana
Twelfth Night Co-Steward