[Ansteorra] SCAdian School Yearbook Picture

george basore murray_kinsman at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 15 15:33:32 PST 2006

  Ok, yes, it is a "Great Honking Broadsword" we are
talking about.
  However, it is, essentially, a picture of a weapon.
So, why is it ok to show the school mascot carrying
weapons, but THIS picture violates school policy?
Why is it permissable to have stage plays utilizing
"mock-weapons", but this PICTURE violates school
policy?
  But, most of all,why does this picture violate
policy if run in the yearbook as the young man's class
portrait, BUT it is permissable, if run in the
advertisment section, where this principal OFFERED the
mother a spot for the photo, IF she PURCHASED the
spot!?
  Am I the only one who smells the odious stench of
corruption and graft?  Am I the only one who reads
this and thinks, Blackmail, and/or bribery?  Am I the
only one wondering why this principal is not already
in custody for prosecution on these charges?

              Ld High Adm Robert Haddock: Commander in Chief, Ansteorran Royal Navy(By Wind & Wave, This We Shall Defend)
  Cheiftain, Clan Haddock(Clann Abair Cach); Personal bodyguard, Triumvirs of House Lightning Mist  ;
   Shieldbrother to Lord Gunnar of Gunnarsstead; Nightwolf, Head of house-Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis, River's Run Chapter

  Ansteorra expects that we do our duty. You cannot do more, you should never want to do less.
   To do your duty is not to do all that is expected of you, nor is it to do your best. To do your duty is to do everything you can find that needs done, and do it exactly right. Then find more that can be done, and do it, also.