[Ansteorra] just read the link

bsmall at cox-internet.com bsmall at cox-internet.com
Sun Dec 17 06:37:51 PST 2006

To those that feel this shouldn't be fought because of how it might reflect on us...if the person feels strongly enough about it, who are we to nay say them?  Personally, if I told someone I was in the SCA and they said "oh, you are in that same group that..."  I'd have to say I'm proud to be in a group where people will stand up for themselves rather than kowtow to ridiculous rules.

As for picking battles and just going along and playing the public school game...  Sometimes, you have to be true to yourself.  No matter that the battle may be unwinnable.  It's the fight itself that counts.  And there is no shortage of windmills to tilt at.  Just seems like there's a shortage of people willing to charge them.

Ansgar