[Ansteorra] just read the link

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 14:09:55 PST 2006

At 06:14 PM 12/19/2006, you wrote:

(snip)

>   And as far as your example goes...Heavy fighters could not stop
> from hitting white diamond archers...so we canceled the white
> diamond fighters instead of finding an intelligent solution. I even
> heard a king say it was a good thing because it only takes an hour
> to learn to hit a 4 inch target 60 feet away and takes a long time
> to learn to swing a sword...so it just was not fair to the heavy fighters.

It's been pointed out and acknowledged that "Heavy fighters could not
stop from hitting white diamond archers" was *not* the reason to stop
allowing non-contact archers in armored combat. Nevertheless, I
*have* seen marshallate decisions of that level of stupidity in the
past (ask me privately if you want the details) because the marshal
was unwilling to confront the problem fighter or was friends with the
problem fighter and didn't want to upset him.

It annoyed me then, it would annoy me now.

         -Tivar Moondragon