[Ansteorra] just read the link

Lori Campbell countesskat at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 15:37:12 PST 2006

It isn't as though this is the first time a weapon in a senior portrait
has been an issue.  Tyler Schultz of Pewaukee, anyone?  Tyler posed at
a gun club with the same kind of rifle he'd been shooting with since
age 15, and his photo was not allowed either on the same basis.  I ran
across several other references in the New England court system as
well, where pics showing students with weapons were disallowed. The
ACLU got involved on that kid's behalf too.  Talk about overkill, or
maybe I'm the one thinking this is just too much ado about nothing.

At least in Tyler's case he was posing with a gun he actually *uses* in
his hobbies.  I'm still waiting for someone to suggest that young Mr.
Agin actually uses either of those swords in his SCA activities.

Am I really hearing here that everyone is just fine with this seventeen
year old kid posing with live steel as if the SCA actually supports the
idea of children bearing (and using) real weapons of war? Sure, we
understand the reality of the situation, but would any person off the
street who is ignorant of what the SCA is, and what it does?

- Kat MacLochlainn