[Ansteorra] just read the link

Lori Campbell countesskat at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 14:50:52 PST 2006

> The whole problem of 'zero tolerance' laws is that they are a way
> for those in a position of responsibility to abdicate that
> responsibility to exercise sound judgment.

Definitely; that whole making a rule to avoid having to tell someone
"no" because it might upset them (not that we'd know anything about
that in the SCA).

> to say that the kid couldn't bring the 'idea', in the form of a
> picture, of a kid armed with a broadsword to school is patently
> ridiculous.

Of course he could bring the picture to school, but that isn't the same
as putting it in an official publication that represents each and every
one of his school's 800 students, plus administration and faculty.

> If we allow the fear of litigation to cause us to
> abandon common sense, we won't have a society worth fighting over.

I know... It'll be chaos.  MacDonalds will serve lukewarm coffee and
decent french fries will be the stuff of legend.  Oh wait...