[Ansteorra] Re: Ansteorra Digest, Vol 32, Issue 47/Re: Re; Ansteorran Royal Navy

george basore murray_kinsman at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 12:52:15 PST 2006

  To:  Lady Caley of Lancashire
From:  Lord High Admiral Robert Haddock
Subj:  Ansteorran Royal Navy

  Your Ladyship,
  If you please, I can properly adress your every
appropriate query.
  Signora Lisabetta Micola da Monte is correct. Lord
Commodore Alden Drake commands the Coastal Sqaudron,
and is fully authorized to sign on captains and crews,
and is actively doing so.
  Your concerns are noted, and your correspondence is
appreciated. His Majesty, Himself,first mentioned a
need for a physical presence in your area. So, as you
can see, your Kingdom's Navy is under the wise
guidance of a soverign who keeps his hand on the pulse
of his entire kingdom, and the fleet is under the
command of senior officers who are quite ready to
accept this challenge, and are versatile enough to
rise to His Majesty's personal example of concern for
and service to the populace of the Kingdom.  Even
though His Majesty set that exampe to a very high bar,
indeed, I believe my admiralty staff and myself, along
with our very dedicated captains and crews are equal
to the task of living up to the expectations of the
Crown.
  That is to say, milady, I persomally pledge to you
that the Ansteorran Fleet, under my command, will do
it's utmost to be there to protect the entire kingdom,
with little regard to our personal comfort or safety.
We are pledged to the defense of Ansteorra, and to
protecting her troops when they must go afield on the
kingdom's behalf.
  On this you have my vow of my Sacred Honour that I
will not fail in my mission to and for the Populace of
Ansteorra.

  In service to the Crown and the Populace of
Ansteorra, in service to the Dream, and in service to
you, your ladyship, I am, and remain,

              Lord High Admiral Robert Haddock, Commander of the Ansteorran Royal Navy
  Captain, HMS Esmerelda, Cheiftain of the Clan Haddock, Personal bodyguard of the Triumvirs of House Lightning Mist, Shieldbrother to Lord Gunnar of Gunnarsstead, Nightwolf

  Ansteorra expects that we do our duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never want to do less.
   To do your duty is not to do all that is expected of you, nor is it to do your best. To do your duty is to do everything that you can find that needs done, and do it exactly right. Then find more that can be done, and do it, also.