[Ansteorra] Houston to Big Spring

Alex Doyle garbaholic at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 17 06:32:09 PST 2006

Just checked with a co-worker that makes the trip from San Antonio to San Angelo on a fairly regular basis and he offered the advice that Junction is a good place to stop for breaks, but not to go to the truck stops on the left side of the road, bathrooms are nasty.

  If you want to take 83 out of Junction to 87 West (at Eden) it's a nice road, two lane, more likely to see deer on the road.  Between Eden and San Angelo don't go over the speed limit, lots of patrols in the area.  Taking 87/277 North at  Sonora is good also, bigger road, goes fast.

  alex

Erik Langhans <ELanghans at khou.com> wrote:
  I have a question for those folks who live or have lived West Texas. Traveling from Houston to Big Spring.

Option A. I-10 to past San Antonio, 87/277 North at Sonora to San Angelo. 87 West to Big Spring.
Option B. I-10 to 71 to Austin. Then 71 to Brady, then 87 to Big Spring.
Option C. I-45 to 287 to I-20 to Big Spring.

Help.

Modius & Sara